Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [ANNOUCEMENT] gnuarch-1.2.2rc2 release

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [ANNOUCEMENT] gnuarch-1.2.2rc2 release
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:41:08 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: address@hidden (James Blackwell)

    > I have just cut and released 1.2.2rc2. This release candidate fixes a
    > 1.2.1 regression that caused get-changeset to refuse get-changeset. Thanks
    > goes to Aaron Bentley who stayed up extra late to fix it.

Could you please be a little bit more proactive about alerting me to
the impact of such things on making GNU releases?

For example, I was assuming we were counting down two weeks from
1.2.2rc1 before I was supposed to either make a release (expected
case) or raise a red flag (unlikely but that's part of what I'm there
for).

Now I'm a little confused where I should be in my part of the process,
in your view.  I gather the clock is slightly reset by rc2 but I'm not
sure precisely what the co-maintainers' expectations are regarding the
status of their work in relation to GNU releases.....

-t