Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] tla dosen't handle '--' as end of option argu

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] tla dosen't handle '--' as end of option argument
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 09:30:16 -0400

John Meinel wrote:
So I have to wonder. Why can't "tla undo", et. al. just take a list of filenames. So that if I type:
    tla undo
It does a standard undo, but if I use
    tla undo file1 file2
It says, hey, there are specifically listed files, lets only undo them.

No reason it can't, and in fact, the Fai equivalent, "revert" does that. But undo also takes a revision/version argument as the first positional parameter, so you'll need to figure out what to do with it. In Fai, it's a comand switch, but I'm still not used to that. I keep specifying the revision as a positional parameter.

Another nice thing about Gnuish tools is that you can intermix switches and positional parameters. I wish tla had that.

Aaron