Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Preliminary Arch Cache available

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Preliminary Arch Cache available
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 00:53:41 -0400

Tom Lord wrote:
    > From: address@hidden (James Blackwell)

    > DUDE! This sounds neat! Anything holding it up for 1.2.3?

Changes of this sort have a huge, multi-faceted, potentially
long-term, potentially project-foobaring impact and are not to be
entered into lightly.

There are two sides. The code is unintrusive, so even if it was a load of crap, it wouldn't affect anyone unless they configured Arch to use caching.

But if the caching idea itself is bogus in some way (I don't think so, but I'm interested in discussing it), then it would be unfortunate to merge it prematurely.

Aaron