Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Unable to 'tla get' from public mirror -- PANIC: I/

From: Robin Farine
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Unable to 'tla get' from public mirror -- PANIC: I/O error
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:54:47 +0200

On Wednesday 15 September 2004 14.02, Aaron Bentley wrote:

> because it is registered with the wrong name.  Please register it
> as bar" would stop people from going too far down the wrong path.
>
> What do other people think?

As an alternative solution, would it be feasible to completely drop
the notion of registering a mirror under a different name? In this
case, archive-mirror would take archive locations in arguments
instead of archive names.

This might cope nicely with a new archive registration mechanism
where one archive name maps to many archive locations.

Robin