Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Unable to 'tla get' from public mirror -- PANIC: I/

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Unable to 'tla get' from public mirror -- PANIC: I/O error
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:32:26 -0400

Robin Farine wrote:
On Wednesday 15 September 2004 15.24, Aaron Bentley wrote:

Robin Farine wrote:

As an alternative solution, would it be feasible to completely
drop the notion of registering a mirror under a different name?
In this case, archive-mirror would take archive locations in
arguments instead of archive names.

I see some problems: How would archive-mirror select the
location?

The locations would would be passed explicitly, e.g.

People tend to scream when we take away functionality. I haven't figured out why yet. :-)

I have not checked the code but I guess it could be called with 'source location' and 'destination location', fetch the archive names from these locations and ensure they match.

If you do check the code, you'll see it initializes a structure that has a field for "name". This field is used in many places, including some places it shouldn't be.

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology