Re: [Gnu-arch-users] libpatch hack WAS: --forward mostly harmless

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] libpatch hack WAS: --forward mostly harmless
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:05:58 +0200 (CEST)

address@hidden said:
> But nevermind librifying patch has it's benefits. Just convince the
> patch maintainer (hence the cc: to Paul) to accept it in the main patch
> distribution then other tools like tla (or the patch command itself)
> could link to libpatch then.

For this to be really useful, libpatch would have to provide hooks to
allow replacing _all_ input/output functions (ie.
open,close,read,write,chdir,....) like libz allows (though libz is much
easier since it doesn't do as much with files as patch).
Only in that case could we use hackerlab as a backend and achieve what we
need -- a vu aware patch.

johannes