Re: [Gnu-arch-users] libpatch hack WAS: --forward mostly harmless

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] libpatch hack WAS: --forward mostly harmless
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:30:52 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: address@hidden

    > Interesting thoughts overall. I think it's becoming more and more
important
    > as the command line is giving way (with lots of pains) to different kinds
    > of user interfaces.

Which is sad since, in terms of abstract structure, there is little if
any reason to make a distinction.

Anyway: I predict that tiny apps and the CLI aren't at all dead.
It's just too easy to make robust systems with that approach, albeit
following the example of many existing apps isn't the right formula
for that.