Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla Debian unstable

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla Debian unstable
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 21:38:14 -0400

John Meinel wrote:
Eric Wong wrote:
Speaking of Aaron Bentley's write-through, does Jblack have any plans of merging it into tla stable? This is something I think would be really nice, but it might be too much of a change for jblack's taste. I know I would like to see it, though.

Well! Didn't know anyone else was using that! Turns out two people are. I used writethrough for a long time, but I'm using cached archives now.

Writethrough's useful, but a step backwards in some ways. It reinterprets what you ask it to do, by appending -SOURCE when you commit/tag/etc. And it makes a stronger distinction between official and registered names, but the plan for tla in general is to get rid of that distinction.

So I'm glad you'd like it to go in, but I'm hoping to get something better in, instead.

Aaron