Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla changes not showing file perms changes

From: John Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla changes not showing file perms changes
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:58:28 -0500

Zenaan Harkness wrote:
Directory perms changes are showed, but not for files. Why?

How do I get to see files' perms changes before commit?

Are permissions of files inside .arch-ids dirs version controlled?

tia
zen

I think all permission changes are version controlled.

But last I knew there was a bug that if the only change to a file is permissions, it is not detected.

Use "touch <filename>" to update the timestamp, and then the permissions will show up.

There is another problem if you are using hard-linked trees, but I'm guessing you are not. The short answer is with hard-linking, changing the local also changes the revlib, and this revlib corruption was not detected (again, this may be fixed).

John
=:->