[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Again, why whitespace cleanups

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Again, why whitespace cleanups
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:30:04 +0900

address@hidden (James Blackwell) writes:
> I tell you what. I'll fix the whitespace in your branches for you, so
> that you can do one simple replay. For each of those branches...

The problem is not those branches you know about and can fix, it's the
ones you _don't_ know about, or forgot, but which rear their heads a
year from now when there's a healthy selection of other changes mixed in
with the whitespace changes.

Someone else on this thread posted that "meld" can even be configured to
display the right thing, so why not just set that setting (to 8)?

-Miles
--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?