Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Again, why whitespace cleanups

From: Mark A. Flacy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Again, why whitespace cleanups
Date: 26 Sep 2004 22:10:30 -0500

>>>>> "Miles" == Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
Miles>
Miles> On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 03:00:04AM -0400, James Blackwell wrote:
>> Please take a look at this screenshot to see why whitespace fixes are
>> important.

Miles>
Miles> Not important enough.
Miles>
Miles> [I presume that image is supposed to demonstrate the broken display
Miles> code in whatever tool that is,

I fail to see how you came up with that conclusion.

Miles> but I note that the it appears to be
Miles> comparing two copies of the same file with differing whitespace --
Miles> exactly the sort of lossage your proposed "fixes" will cause!]
Miles>
Miles> -Miles

--
 Mark A. Flacy
 Any opinions expressed above are my own.  Any facts expressed above