Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Optimal setup for disconnected/laptop use?

From: Cameron Patrick
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Optimal setup for disconnected/laptop use?
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:36:47 +0800

Yaron Minsky wrote:

> And is there some way of making the commits I do on the laptop show
> up cleanly and individually on the desktop once they are merged in?

I recently wrote the attached script to do just that; haven't used it
much yet but It Seems To Work.  It's modelled on the user interface of
Darcs and asks you about merging each changeset not present in the
upstream version (and optionally lets you review the diffs) before
doing anything, etc.

The general idea is you create an archive on your laptop, tag your
project across to that, hack on it, then run something like
    tla-pure-merge --push address@hidden/foo--bar--1

If you create a file called {arch}/+upstream-version it will use
that as the default version to merge into (or merge from if you
use --pull).

Cameron.