[Gnu-arch-users] Optimal setup for disconnected/laptop use?

From: Yaron Minsky
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Optimal setup for disconnected/laptop use?
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:30:48 -0500

I was wondering what people considered to be a good setup for using
Arch on a laptop.  Here's the basic situation.  I have a few projects
that reside in arch repositories on my desktop computer.    Basically,
I'd like to be able to do commits from my laptop, and have those
commits eventually migrate up to the main repository.  I understand
that the right way of doing this is to set up archives on the laptop.
But what's the cleanest way of doing this?  And is there some way of
making the commits I do on the laptop show up cleanly and individually
on the desktop once they are merged in?

TIA,
Yaron