Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Bazaar 1.1

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Bazaar 1.1
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:53:13 +0000

On 19 Jan 2005 20:05:54 +1100, Robert Collins wrote:

> * 'tree-id' a new command, gives the current tree-patchlevel
>   (equivalent to 'tla logs -f | tail -n 1').

I suggest to call this command 'tree-revision'. It is more intuitive.

A user may confuse 'tree-id' with the arch id of the tree directory.
[AFAIR, there were plans to make the root directory arch controlled.]
Or he may think that arch computes some unique id for each tree on the
disk, or maybe a checksum of all files.

If the command prints the fully qualified revision name, then it should
be called 'tree-revision' in my opinion.

> * 'changes' aka 'what-changed' has been removed, it is replaced by
>   'diff' and 'status'.

I think that conceptually 'changes' is a better term than 'status' and
'diff' for listing changed files and computing a changeset. But I may
feel the pressure from cvs/svn users, so I can live with this.

> * 'register-archive' checks archives are accessible in all cases.

I would like to have a flag to restore the old functionality when two
arguments are given. There are several cases when this is useful. We had
a discussion on the -dev list a month ago.

Other changes look good to me.

Regards,
Mikhael.