[Gnu-arch-users] Re: mail user agent wars was: tla 1.4

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: mail user agent wars was: tla 1.4
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 18:00:34 +0100

Anand Kumria <address@hidden> writes:

> Or, instead of trying to beat up everyone because their mail user agent
> (MUA) doesn't follow your favourite mail header you could instead follow
> the standard (RFC2822) and set your 'Reply-To:' to the appropriate address
> list.

Where did you read that Reply-To should be used for a global reply ?

I can read from the RFC2822 that :

   Note: Some mail applications have automatic reply commands that
   include the destination addresses of the original message in the
   destination addresses of the reply. How those reply commands behave
   is implementation dependent and is beyond the scope of this
   document.
   ^^^^^^^^

So I guess there's another RFC somewhere that suggests using the
Reply-To for global replies, that you forgot to cite.

Also, I'll follow your recommendation when you'll give me a solution
to make a private reply a message setting the "Reply-to" field to a
list.

--
Matthieu