Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla 1.4

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla 1.4
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:22:26 -0600

Milan Cvetkovic wrote:

... snipped ...

Jan Hudec wrote:

And is it doable to set bugzilla to be fully controlled by mails?
Closing bugs, assigning bugs and such?

I know that you can open bugs, and update them using email. This is what we use. Bugs are created automatically by a daemon process, and then our {arch}/=hook sends an email to update the bug in bugzilla, when we commit with tla.

I am not sure if you can close bugs, or change theri state using email interface, but I would guess it is possible, you just have to read the perl script - and maybe tweak it a little.

It came with bugzilla in "contrib" directory.

I was just looking into it.

It looks like you can only submit new bugs,
and add additional comments without modifying other properties of the bug.

So I was wrong, you cannot fully control bugzilla using email, out of the box.

Milan.

Has anyone looked at using roundup? http://roundup.sourceforge.net
I'm using here, at I believe it has full email access (you never have to go to the website).

It is quite configurable, you can get it to do custom actions and easily customize what information is tracked, and what is displayed on the page (in the email).

With a little customization it might work very well as the next buggoo.
John
=:->