Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla 1.4

From: Milan Cvetkovic
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla 1.4
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:15:34 -0500

... snipped ...

Jan Hudec wrote:

And is it doable to set bugzilla to be fully controlled by mails?
Closing bugs, assigning bugs and such?

I know that you can open bugs, and update them using email. This is what we use. Bugs are created automatically by a daemon process, and then our {arch}/=hook sends an email to update the bug in bugzilla, when we commit with tla.

I am not sure if you can close bugs, or change theri state using email interface, but I would guess it is possible, you just have to read the perl script - and maybe tweak it a little.

It came with bugzilla in "contrib" directory.

I was just looking into it.

It looks like you can only submit new bugs,
and add additional comments without modifying other properties of the bug.

So I was wrong, you cannot fully control bugzilla using email, out of the box.

Milan.