Re: [Gnu-arch-users] merge trouble

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] merge trouble
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 15:21:48 -0800 (PST)

   From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>

   I think it really, really, sucks that patch works this way,

I hope the librification work will open an interesting door by the
end of this year:

We'll have a very clean, simple, Tcl-esque or Awk-esque run-time
system for /C/, highly tunable ("-able" not "-ed") for speed.

I doubt it will be on any critical path but it would be both an
interesting exercise and potentially extremely valuable exercise
to write librified replacements for diff, patch, and tar.