Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: HTTP access to CVS

From: lode . leroy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: HTTP access to CVS
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:08:00 +0100 (CET)

you could try to see what is sent to the proxy by using tcpdump,
and on which commands it fails:

tcpdump -X -s 1024 host proxy  (or use windump on windows)

If you need NTLM authentication on your proxy,
you could try APS (Authenticating Proxy Service)
aps on localhost:8080 for proxy:8080

I also noted that our proxy (MS PROXY 2.0) does not fully support WebDAV,
in particular the "OPTIONS" .
you can try the attached patch to disable WEBDAV and
go for HTTP only (may not work if the .listing is nor maintained by arch)

> Hello,
>
> ll> Hi, I submitted a patch over a year ago, and it never got merged...
>
> ll> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-arch-users/2004-01/msg00783.html
>
> ll> I have two versions attached... they should still apply more or less
> ll> without a problem.
>
> I had tried this and for reasons unknown, it did not work for me. I am
> suspecting the authentication mechanism used by my proxy. Looks like there is
> something which is non-standard. I have checked it auth method by printing all
> the headers (using another proxy between my browser and main proxy) and found
> it uses different methods till it works. Same thing happens with LYNX. I am
> looking into this. Also, I am going through neon code to make sure that
> supports the correct auth for my proxy. With this, we will be able to pin
> point the problem.
>
> -dk
>
> --
> Name : Dhruva Krishnamurthy (dk)
> Phone: +91-(0)80-22999190
> Proud FSF member: #1935

Plaats je zoekertjes GRATIS op AdValvas
Placez votre petite annonce GRATUITEMENT sur AdValvas
http://www.advalvas.be