[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: HTTP access to CVS

From: Matthieu MOY
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: HTTP access to CVS
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:10:39 +0100 (CET)

Dhruva Krishnamurthy said:
> A simple solution would be to allow the usage of wget
> in tla. Anyway, tla uses quite a few external
> applications. IMO, Adding one more to the list would not be too bad.

That would probably be a very inefficient solution: using libneon, tla has
a fine-grained control over opening/closing connexions, I don't think this
is achievable with wget. Additionally, wget doesn't have WebDAV write
access AFAIK.
However, this could be an interesting "failsafe mode" option for tla.

Have you tried my branch ?

    address@hidden/tla--authinfo-ext--1.4

available from here

    http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/arch/public/

I'm now using tla + webdav write access + SSL + authenticated proxy,
successfully !
--
Matthieu