Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: HTTP access to CVS

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: HTTP access to CVS
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:30:36 +0530

>>>>> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:08:00 +0100 (CET), address@hidden said:

Hello,

ll> you could try to see what is sent to the proxy by using tcpdump, and on
ll> which commands it fails:

ll> tcpdump -X -s 1024 host proxy (or use windump on windows)

ll> If you need NTLM authentication on your proxy, you could try APS
ll> (Authenticating Proxy Service) aps on localhost:8080 for proxy:8080

ll> I also noted that our proxy (MS PROXY 2.0) does not fully support WebDAV,
ll> in particular the "OPTIONS" .  you can try the attached patch to disable
ll> WEBDAV and go for HTTP only (may not work if the .listing is nor
ll> maintained by arch)

 I tried various options... nothing seems to work. If a browser like lynx and
 wget can go through and get the ".listing" file, I wonder why "tla" cannot do
 that. Unfortunately, I am not experienced in web/internet domain, I would
 have fixed this myself. I have been waiting for this feature from quite some
 time (close to 2 years) and still the same results. I give up and wait for
 some kind soul to implement this! A simple solution would be to allow the
 usage of wget in tla. Anyway, tla uses quite a few external
 applications. IMO, Adding one more to the list would not be too bad.

with best regards,
dhruva

--
Name : Dhruva Krishnamurthy (dk)