[Gnu-arch-users] Re: empty commit

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: empty commit
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:56:57 +0100

Deliverable Mail <address@hidden> writes:

> "the idiot has just run me twice, well that's life, just go on and
> do it, there's no reason in dissuading him anyhow"...:)

What tla says about your second commit is more: "The intelligent guy!
he noticed that he could add a log entry without making any change by
running tla commit twice. Let's obey!".

In practice, I'm not sure anyone other than Tom use this "feature",
but that's life.

There have been some discussions about adding a --no-empty-commit or
whatever to tla, that could be enabled by default by wrappers, but I
think no one bothered to implement it up to now.

--
Matthieu