Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: empty commit

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: empty commit
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:12:44 -0800 (PST)

   From: Ulf Ochsenfahrt <address@hidden>

   > In practice, I'm not sure anyone other than Tom use this "feature",
   > but that's life.

   I do. Regularly. I sometimes mess up the log message of the previous
   commit and then just commit another log message. But maybe that's
   because I'm special. ;) I even thought about moving the repository to a
   write-once storage medium.

The repository does have to permit `rename' and `delete' operations,
at least while a revision is being created.

I don't plan to remove the feature that let's you make an empty commit --
just make it require an option to `commit' if that's what you want to
do.