[Gnu-arch-users] changeset lost?

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] changeset lost?
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:51:09 -0800

I think the answer to this is "SOL", but in desperation I figured I'd
describe it anyway.

I spent the day working on a changeset.  Decided I wanted to commit
this to a branch, and did tla undo, generating an ,,undo-2 directory.
I moved this up a level with

mv ,,undo-2 ../,,undo-1

tagged a new branch, moved the orig working dir aside, and got the new
one fresh.  I moved ,,undo-1 into the new dir and did 'tla redo.'

Except, it was the wrong changeset.  The only thing I can figure is
that there already was an ,,undo-1 in the directory above, and the
,,undo-2 was actually placed inside it, rather than moved and renamed
as I intended.  This makes sense because the bogus changeset was
relevant to the parent directory.

After issuing 'tla redo', it appears my original changeset was deleted
in the process.  Am I dead in the water?

(Yes, I know there are several points where I could have done
something differently/more carefully here.)

Bob