Re: [Gnu-arch-users] new documentation progress

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] new documentation progress
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:57:08 -0800 (PST)

   From: John A Meinel <address@hidden>

   Tom Lord wrote:
   > I've been working up some new docs in "handbook" format.
   > It's not done yet but there's enough to get the sense:

   I would suggest re-ordering the tutorial slightly. You have "creating
   local mirrors" coming before "checking out a project".

I'm thinking of this version as a "handbook" rather than a "tutorial" --
the narrative structure is different, therefore.

The order in the handbook is designed to be optimal for a self-teaching
user who wants to build, install, and try real-world-complexity use-cases
quickly.

(Other comments noted, etc.  Thanks.   I'll be cranking a bunch more pages
today, I think, once I rush through email :-)