[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: Obsoleting abrowse

From: Matthieu MOY
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: Obsoleting abrowse
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 08:38:14 +0200 (CEST)

Mikhael Goikhman said:
> On 01 Aug 2005 00:05:20 +0200, Matthieu Moy wrote:
>>
>> Otherwise, I'm putting my binary here
>
> Thanks, I will test it tomorrow. After playing for 15 minutes I see that
> there are remaining issues that we duscussed: naming "regex" options,

I applied your proposal now. (not merged in upstream)

> missing --categories and company,

--categories and --branches are missing. Personnally, I think adding them
to rbrowse would complexify the code (and the spec, since the current
rbrowse never displays categories and branches individually, I don't know
what the output of baz rbrowse --categories should be) a lot for very
little benefit.

> full match rather than prefix match.

If you mean "full match of category, branch, or version", this means the
spec will have to change again with the future namespace change. I
strongly prefer opting for the flat namespace now, and not having to
change anything later.

If you mean "full match of the version", this means the string match will
match only one version, which is rather useless for rbrowse.

I'd like to have other users opinion on this point.

> And a new issue: non-archive part of limit is ignored with --versions.

Fixed. Thanks.

--
Matthieu