Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Weird 'tla changes' behaviour

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Weird 'tla changes' behaviour
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 09:45:50 +0200

Adrian Irving-Beer wrote:
> The tree I'm using is nearly 600 megs in size and is mostly hardlinked
> to the repository.  There's one XML file changed.
>
> First, tla segfaulted on a 'tla changes'.  So I ran it over and over
> again to see what happened.  Several successful runs.  A couple
> segfaults.  Then, it reported this:

What version of tla? 1.3 had a couple of known memory corruption errors
(de-allocating invalid memory).
I *think* those got fixed as of 1.3.3, but I think they were still there
in 1.3.1.

I'm not sure why you are getting random failures. In my testing, it was
very consistent, because the memory (for whatever reason) was always
(un-)initialized to the same non-null value.

John
=:->