[Gnu-arch-users] Re: patch: automatic cacherev and smarter get

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: patch: automatic cacherev and smarter get
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 08:56:03 +0100

Mikhael Goikhman <address@hidden> writes:

> In almost no cases. If it is a commit-only tree, you need a pristine
> only; if it is a replay-only tree with local changes, a pristine again.

If it's /replay/ (not update or merge), no pristine should be needed.

> A good (compact and fast) solution is to have a local archive mirror, and
> cacherev every 25 or 50 revisions, depending on tree size. Then you don't
> need to have unmaintainable revlib trees that make du/cp/rm work forever.

OTOH, a problem with cachedrevs is that they do not share unmodified
files. So, for some projects (large number of files, not too small
files, small changesets), a cacherev every 25 might be more expansive
than a revlib.

(not arguing either way, just adding my 2cents ;-))

--
Matthieu