Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU Arch 1.3.4 release candidate 1

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU Arch 1.3.4 release candidate 1
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 01:15:45 +0000

On 12 Dec 2005 20:46:49 -0800, Andy Tai wrote:

> export means to export the source tree excluding the "arch files."
> export either exports the revision of the current directory or a
> particular revision into another directory; that's why you saw two ways
> of giving command line options for export.

Yes, but "tla export [options] [revision] [dir]" already denotes both.

> Can you give me the exact export command you tried so I can look into
> the problem.

I can't really add something new to what I already said. No matter what
parameters are specified in different dirs, "export" fails for me.

  % cd $HOME

  % tla-1.3.3.99 export address@hidden/tla--atai
  Cannot determine revision of directory .
  % tla-1.3.3.99 export address@hidden/tla--atai--1.3--patch-16
  Cannot determine revision of directory .

  % tla-1.3.3.99 get address@hidden/tla--atai
  % cd tla--atai--1.3--patch-16

  % tla-1.3.3.99 export address@hidden/tla--atai
  Parent dir of output directory address@hidden/ does not exist
  % tla-1.3.3.99 export address@hidden/tla--atai--1.3--patch-16
  Parent dir of output directory address@hidden/ does not exist

  % tla-1.3.3.99 export unexisting-dir
  Error during call to `vu_access' for (null) (Bad address)
  PANIC: I/O error
  % mkdir existing-dir
  % tla-1.3.3.99 export existing-dir
  % tla-1.3.3.99 export address@hidden/tla--atai--1.3--patch-16 dir
  Error during call to `vu_access' for (null) (Bad address)
  PANIC: I/O error

I'd think all "export" commands above should work. Do they work for you?

Actually, I finally was able to get one working case:

  % mkdir address@hidden
  % tla-1.3.3.99 export address@hidden/tla--atai
  % tla-1.3.3.99 export address@hidden/tla--atai--1.3--patch-16
  % ls address@hidden
  tla--atai  tla--atai--1.3--patch-16

Still, even with this directory manually created, all other usages fail.

Regards,
Mikhael.