Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU Arch 1.3.4 release candidate 1

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU Arch 1.3.4 release candidate 1
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:12:24 +0000

I quickly tested all new features, and I partially like them. Thank you.

However there are some serious problems.

* tla tree-revision

This command accesses archive, although I would think it is aproximately
"tla logs -fr | head -1", or "tla tree-version", and should be local.

* tla diff

This command again accesses archive, although it is more or less "tla
changes --diffs", so it should be local. I think early baz suffered from
this problem.

* tla diff --help

There is a long 88-char line, it should be shortened. Probably like this:

  -L, --latest      compare against the latest revision (HEAD), if omitted

* tla commit --help

A new option "--write-revision" (BTW, you didn't mention it) made the
whole thing unreadable on 80-char terminals (too shifted to the right).

* tla export --help

I can't understand what this command should do from this description:

  export all or some of a tree revision
  usage: tla export [options] [revision] [dir] or [options] [dir]

Did you mean this:

  export revision into directory without arch files
  usage: tla export [options] [revision] [dir]

In any case, this command always fails for me, no matter what. Like:

  Error during call to `vu_access' for (null) (Bad address)
  PANIC: I/O error

or:

  Parent dir of output directory address@hidden/ does not exist

Needless to say that I can't understand these error message.
Does this command work at all?

* tla help -b

There is a long line for 'branch', that is better to be shortened.

* tla branch

This commands does not seem to work for me. Either address@hidden/c--b--v
or "-A address@hidden c--b--v" fails. This command seems to create the
needed version in requested archive address@hidden, but then it uses
my-default-archive to commit, and fails with "No such category".

Regards,
Mikhael.