[Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE-REQUEST] Support for several SSH implementations

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE-REQUEST] Support for several SSH implementations
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:58:28 +0100

Hi,

I found Johannes Berg's changes to add support for several SSH
implementations[0], and I thought I'd give it a try.  The result may be
found in my branch[1], in patches 10 and 11.

It's basically a slight update of Johannes' patch so that current
OpenSSH and GNU lsh may both be used flawlessly (I didn't check about
the other implementations that it's supposed to support, namely
`fsecure' and `psftp').

All this makes it possible to specify at run-time which SSH
implementation to use using the `TLA_SSH_TYPE' and `TLA_SSH_BINARY'
environment variables.  Example:

  # Use `lshc'.
  $ TLA_SSH_TYPE=lsh tla abrowse

  # Use GNU lsh via a previously setup gateway.
  $ TLA_SSH_TYPE=lsh TLA_SSH_BINARY=lshg tla abrowse

  # Use OpenSSH, i.e., `ssh'.
  $ TLA_SSH_TYPE=openssh tla abrowse

Thanks,
Ludovic.