Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [MERGE-REQUEST] Support for several SSH impleme

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [MERGE-REQUEST] Support for several SSH implementations
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:03:21 +0100

   > Secondly, tla will attempt to automatically detect one of these 4
   > sftp versions by trying the binaries in the order 'ssh', 'lshc',
   > 'whatever-the-binary-for-fsecure' and 'psftp' (or the other way
   > around for the last two?), attempting to auto-detect which
   > version of the program is being used. This means that even if you
   > symlink 'lshc' to 'openssh', tla will do the right thing.

Argh!? No auto-detection! The less magic that happens the better for
all involved.  You can always wrap this around in a special command
that you supply in the variable ARCH_SFTP (or whatever) variable,
something like:

if [ -x /bin/ssh ]; then
  T=ssh
elif [ -X /bin/lsh ]; then
  T=lsh
elfif [ -x /bin/lshc ]; then # Debian stupidity.
  T=lshc
else
  echo "No secure telnet client found!"
  exit 1
fi
exec $T "$@"

   Note that for GNUish reasons, I promoted lsh as the first choice.
   :-)

AOL!