Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [MERGE-REQUEST] Support for several SSH impleme

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [MERGE-REQUEST] Support for several SSH implementations
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:34:26 +0100

   > Is there a specific need for having a default?

   Well, yes.  Suppose you install tla on a box where only OpenSSH
   will ever be available, and under `/chbouib/openssh'.  Having the
   possibility to tell tla once for all about this default at
   compile-time can be arguably pleasant.

It would error out if it didn't find the program to use...

   Besides, `package-framework' seems like a good idea.  It's just
   that not enough people know how it works.  :-)

package-framework is a terrible idea, it is also terribly designed.
It should burn, burn in hell.

   Anyway, since you do know, could you ether implement these
   compile-time options/detection or give pointers as to how to do it?

Blech, I want a cookie from you.  I'll answer to the previous mail
where you described the problem.