Re: [Gnu-arch-users] clean up tla help

From: Michael Poole
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] clean up tla help
Date: 16 Jan 2006 10:25:13 -0500

Alfred M. Szmidt writes:

>    It looks like baz' UI changes tried to make things _look_ simpler:
>
>      changes           -> status
>      changes --diffs   -> diff
>      tag -S            -> branch
>      star-merge        -> merge
>      tree-lint         -> lint
>
>    Of these, the two first clearly aim at CVS/Svn-friendliness.
>
> Branch and merge also aim at CVS/SVN friendliness, but more
> indirectly.
>
> But yeah, that is kind it...  Nice list, and it shows really well how
> baz didn't do anything to improving the UI in any significant way,
> despite all the claims that it did. :-)

baz got rid of archive-setup, make-category, make-branch and
make-version by making archive-setup setups implicit in the operations
that create base-0 or version-0 revisions.  I could go on and on, but
it's clear that you have never compared "tla help" to "baz help", much
less looked for commands that have different default behavior.  Why
not actually do some looking instead of mindlessly bashing it?

Michael Poole