Re: [Gnu-arch-users] clean up tla help

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] clean up tla help
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:32:21 -0500

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 02:51:42AM +0100, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> You simply don't understand it do you? The changes in baz's UI were
> simple removal, addition and changing the default of _some_ options,
> nothing more.  Get over it.

The veracity of this statement can be easily measured by performing a
simple test: diff the gnuarch 1.2.1 and Bazaar 1.4.1 trees. If the changes
are few minor UI changes, then Alfred is deserving of respect and
admiration for having the guts for calling it the way it is. If the
changes on the other hand are complex and involve nontrivial work...  I
suppose if the discussion gets to that point that there can be a
discussion about which of the following labels could apply for him:
disingenous, incompetant, twit, discredited.

Some of those terms would be dependant upon how much Alfred has
contributed to gnuarch. How much of your code is in the codebase, I
wonder....

                                      Freudian slip??
                                    .-'
> Man, this is getting boring.  Aruging with people who have such grave
> comprehension difficulties.

I agree in spirit. This conversation is academic _at best_. Bazaar 1.x is
no longer in active development; Gnuarch has taken the parts it liked and
set aside the parts it didn't. This is well and good because it proves
free software works.

Anyways, I think its awesome that Arch is moving. Andy is doing a great
job and I encourage him to keep up the work.

Regards,
James

--
James Blackwell's home :  http://jblack.linuxguru.net
Gnupg 06357400   F-print AAE4 8C76 58DA 5902 761D  247A 8A55 DA73 0635 7400