Re: [Gnu-arch-users] clean up tla help

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] clean up tla help
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:42:36 +0100

   How hard did you look to find what the UI changes were?  They're
   *much* more extensive than this simple list.  See
   e.g. http://wiki.gnuarch.org/BazaarVsTla, which I don't think is
   exhaustive despite its length.

I didn't look hard at all, but if they are so extensive, then they
should be noticble directly.

   Personally, I found that commands such as "baz branch", "baz
   switch", and making most commands (including those two and "get")
   accept URLs made baz much more, nicer conflict tracking, annotate,
   and so on made it much more pleasant for me to use than tla.
   branch and switch in particular made a *huge* difference, I found
   myself using them regularly as soon as they were introduced.

All of these are minor improvments, and nothing significant.  For tla
you had `tla-fork', and `tla-switch'.  Just two new commands that make
things easier, but nothing that changes the UI in any significant way.

   Perhaps those UI changes don't interest you, but to me, they were a
   significant improvement.

Making UI changes do interest me, but the claims that baz somehow made
extensive changes to the UI is simply false.  Most of this was already
done by tla, and if there was a improvment, it was minor.