Re: [Gnu-arch-users] clean up tla help

From: Andy Tai
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] clean up tla help
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 01:48:27 -0800

For tla help I accept Derek's patch in a form of providing a "basic help" mode (tla help -b) which shows what Derek would want to show as the default.  I kept the current tla help unchanged since there are different opinions at this time on what should be shown by default.  This way at least there is a simpler entry point for newbies to tla.

Of course we can further improve tla help depending on the feedback from people on the new commands and the basic help message.

On 12/30/05, Alfred M. Szmidt <address@hidden> wrote:
   >    100+ commands confuse the hell out of most people.

   I think Andy Tai made it clear that this sort far reaching changes
   are out of scope for tla.

I don't think that improving `tla help' is such a far reaching change.

   Now, to try being constructive, I believe Derek means that
   "improving" the help message involves hiding as much stuff as
   possible.

And I stronly disagree with hiding useful, even if it is not often
used (which is why it imperative that it is easily locatable),
information is a good idea.