Re: [Gnu-arch-users] clean up tla help

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] clean up tla help
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17:03:02 +0100

   >    Some people are comfortable with the byzantine command set and
   >    semantics, to the point that the insanity of TLA's user
   >    interface becomes a cognitive blind spot.
   >
   > I don't think that tla's user interface is that insane.

   I did not think that tla user interface was that bad either, until
   I did support for a bunch of brilliant and extremely competent
   users, and they rubbed my nose in it until I realized how it
   actually smells.

You are complaining without actually saying what you are complaining
about.  The UI for baz is _exactly_ the same as for tla, yet you claim
that baz has `significatly improved it'; which is bogus since the
interface is the same with some minor improvments that were a bit
weird--which is quite OK since nobody gets everything perfect from the
start.

Maybe instead of starting to flame, you could come up with specific
critisicim as to how the UI is bad.  Reapting that it `smells bad'
won't get you anywhere.