[Gnu-arch-users] re: [centos] licensing question

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] re: [centos] licensing question
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:11:57 -0800

I should add that Centos is free to compile and distribute
binaries of my distributions of GNU hello IF AND ONLY IF
someone first distributes a copy of the source to them.
Unless I have given Centos a binary of my own, I am
under no personal obligation to give them source.

In the future, I might modify my contract further:

Supporting a customer who is redistributing the code
is very difficult and adds to my risks and expenses.
So, if a customer wants to redistribute the source,
they owe me one million dollars per version redistributed.

If it's legit for me to demand money for every internal
copy and install the customer makes, then I can do so
for redistribution, too.

Don't get me started on modification.....