Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Revived tutorial

From: Pedro Perez
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Revived tutorial
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:27:32 -0500

Andy Tai wrote:

On 3/27/06, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
Yes, I can put up there. Maybe we just go ahead and put what's up
today there and then make changes as we go according to the
suggestions and reviews from people here.
Yes, why not.

The current tutorial (as a work in progress) is up at www.gnu.org
(http://www.gnu.org/software/gnu-arch/tutorial/).  The old tutorial is
moved to a directory called tutorial-old.  Both are referenced from
the main page.

Thanks!  And please send additions or updates for the tutorial to
Ludovic or this mailing list for inclusion in further updates.  Thanks
in advance!

Andy
Hello,
I have created a very simple patch that removes the newline (\n) escape character (\) on commands output, examples, etc.

   Example-old:
   % tla make-archive address@hidden \
                                 ~/archives/2003-example

   Example-new:
   % tla make-archive address@hidden ~/archives/2003-example

The location of my mirror is:
http://www.opensourcetechnologies.net/archives/address@hidden

   Branch name is:
   arch--tutorial--1.3

Let me know if there are any questions,
--
Pedro Perez

P.S. Possible conflicts regarding this patch: The newline escape characters might be need/required if the same sources are used for man pages generation. But with online documentation, it is nice to see the whole command on a single line. Suggestions, comments are always welcome.