Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: baz format archives in tla

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: baz format archives in tla
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 17:49:32 +0900

    Thomas> Daniel Stone wrote:

    >> Do you recollect writing the mail quoted below?
    >> 'Perhaps you are unaware that you and yours stand accused of
    >> manufacturing, in effect or by intention (who can say), the
    >> perception that I am difficult to work with.'

    Thomas> I think so, yes.  What's your point?

The point you need to pay attention to is that you're being
deliberately nasty over an honest mistake, trolling the maker into
intentionally perpetuating that mistake.[1]

Been there, done that, regret it heartily.  Years too late. :-(

All you really needed to do was say, "I'm sorry if I've changed the
subject, but this is g-a-u, and I wish to explain GNU Arch's plans."[2]

Footnotes:
[1]  Which isn't so honest, and of course the original mistake was
rooted in strong "political" bias.  But neither of those has anything
to do with Daniel's point.

[2]  As Richard Stallman does so well.  Worth taking a leaf from the
Master's book, here, IMO.