[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Accepted tla 1.3.5+dfsg-5 (source sparc all)

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Accepted tla 1.3.5+dfsg-5 (source sparc all)
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 22:55:24 +0100

On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 12:01:30PM -0500, Clint Adams wrote:
> > Are you sure this is a good idea?  I mean, the official tla release
> > was always tested with the builtin neon24, not with any other
> > version. Now there's a Debian-specific version of tla which uses
> > neon26-gnutls plus a patch to include some neon24 bits of code.
>
> No, I'm not sure, but it has the advantage of making the security team
> happier and providing https support.
>
> > Since we are pretty close to Etch's release, if there's a bug, we may
> > get a broken tla for the next couple year's Debian stable :/
>
> Given the state of the package's bug list, I'd say that that's going to
> happen regardless.

That's FUD! :)

Most of the bugs are quite old (1-2 years) and don't apply to the
current release. The 2 important one are the one you're dealing with
(embedded neon), and another marked as unproducible.

Some people also find it convenient to post their wishlist to the BTS
instead of this mailing list.

I currently use my backported version of the package
(http://dl.sv.gnu.org/releases/arch4debian/sarge-backports/) and I
don't have issues, including with WebDAV - admittedly on i386.

Anyway, since you're fully aware of the situation, I trust you and the
security team for taking the right decisions (+ DP 4.3 :)).

--
Sylvain