Re: makeinfo-info.el v4

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: makeinfo-info.el v4
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 01:04:02 -0500

> I still don't know if a variable like that is actually the best way.
> It's a "risky-local-variable" (with good reason) so setting it is a bit
> irritating, but you definitely need something for a multi-file document.
> tex-mode looks for a tex-main-file variable then does some clever
> guessing, and reftex has something similar.  I guess texinfo isn't quite
> the same as tex, but re-using some of that could be good, if only I knew
> which bit.

FWIW: I've used `tex-compile' in texinfo buffers at some point.
I can't remember if it was doing the right thing out of the box or if
I had to tweak it a little, but overall it seemed OK.  I do remember
that I felt it would need some adjustment to tex-compile-commands so as
to offer not just `tex' but also `makeinfo' as choices.

        Stefan