Re: [GNU-linux-libre] GNU Buck as incentive for helping to find nonfree

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] GNU Buck as incentive for helping to find nonfree programs
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 14:29:02 +0930

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:51:06 -0400
John Sullivan <address@hidden> wrote:

> (Sending this on behalf of Brett Smith, please send any off-list info
> or questions to address@hidden)

Not CCing licensing here, because I'm not sure if the reply is meant to
be 'on list' or 'off list'.

> Ever since we published the guidelines for what it takes to be a free
> system distribution
> (<http://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html>),
> we've been thinking about how we can better deal with the issue of
> nonfree software that is accidentally included in these distributions.

(trim background)

> In order to implement this program, can you please let us know how you
> would like to receive these bug reports? Any reasonable method is fine
> -- e-mail, bug tracker, RT, you get the idea. We'll collect all that
> information for all the endorsed distros and publish it on the GNU
> Bucks site -- we want to make sure that you can deal with these
> reports as easily as possible. And of course, if you have any
> questions about the program, feel free to ask me at address@hidden

Reports of things which need fixing in gNS need to go to the BTS;
currently bugs.gnewsense.org. ('soon' to be Savannah).
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au