[GNU-linux-libre] ufoai has noncommercial requirements

From: Leo
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] ufoai has noncommercial requirements
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 19:46:47 -0300

The file LICENSES in the ufoai git repo [0] shows that some files have a
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 licence [1], which doesn't allow commercial
redistribution.
Some other files don't show a clear license.
At least one of the fonts also has a noncommercial license (the one marked as
7th.zip).

Also, they have a page [2] that specifically says they allow contributions
with the Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 licence.

I believe that ufoai is in contrib in Debian. Arch wrongly marks ufoai-data as
GPL (in Parabola it's getting blacklisted right now).
If it could be included in the blacklist in Libre Planet that would be good.

I'll try to contact the team behind ufoai about this and ask them if they can
replace the nonfree files (they really aren't many (8 sound effects) and to
clarify the licence on the rest of the files (about 12 of them lack a
license). If someone wants to contact them, though, it would be good, since I
don't have a lot of free time.
They seem to be aware of this problem judging from [3], so they should be
advised about this by a licence guru.

Leo

[0]
http://ufoai.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=ufoai/ufoai;a=blob_plain;f=LICENSES;hb=HEAD