Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Request for Endorsement for ConnochaetOS

From: Rubén Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Request for Endorsement for ConnochaetOS
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 04:03:34 +0200

> BTW: I recently had a discussion on this one with some people from the
> Free Software Foundation Europe, the FSF's sister organization in
> Europe. Many people at the FSFE have a different point of view on
> this.
>
> They prefer the term "free software" as well, but they believe that
> "open source" and "free software" is the same and they don't think
> that both "free software" and "open source" community have different
> goals. So "free software" and "open source" are considered as the same
> community at the FSFE. You see, the view on this topic is not
> homogeneous in the Free Software Community itself.

Even if you found individuals involved with the FSFE who believe that
Free Software and Open Source are the same movements, that is not the
FSFE position: http://fsfe.org/documents/whyfs.html

You may also find people involved with the FSF who think like that,
anyone can be wrong. But finding many people being wrong never was a
good argument anyway. ;)