Re: [GNU-linux-libre] now that adbard is gone :^( the ad problem is back

From: Jaromil
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] now that adbard is gone :^( the ad problem is back
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 13:05:17 +0100

On Sat, 13 Oct 2012, Jaromil wrote:
> In my experience micro-funding never worked to raise more than a meager
> 100 EU in a year. But then maybe I just didn't do it right... It seems
> to work for mediagoblin with the help of the FSF
> http://mediagoblin.org/pages/campaign.html fingers crossed!
>
> altough 60K $ sound like a lot for a single project,
> but its already at 5k after short!

is anyone from FSF still reading this list BTW? I've had little if none
interaction on the ads issue, not even a mail to roundup on the adbard
experience, we could learn from mistakes, contact Google on that or so?
I even got some enterpreneur friends interested on the topic...

now this fundraise is expired and the goal not reached, what happens to
the money? is the investment canceled? can they work for less?

> Now I'll revamp the discussion with an offer :^) plz help making a
> fundraising campaign like this one (if it works...) for our project and
> if it succeeds (lets say, can be a first step goal of 10k) all non-free
> ads from dynebolic.org will be removed forever.
>
> sounds like a deal? :) hey I'm trying to be constructive here..

that was a cheap deal offer innit? :^)

but no reply.

hey now I'm just trying to keep this process transparent a bit.

I 've been paying 60 EUR to become a fellow of FSFE and got nothing but
election spam out of it. How can one get involved really? I think is
time to review the way we grow our own institutions and choose our
fonctionaires before we fall into some spoofy KKN system (a'la
Indonesian). Hackers are too good for that! c'mon

provocatively and friendly yours, with mediterranean salt and pepper

ciao

--
http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39