Re: [GNU-linux-libre] now that adbard is gone :^( the ad problem is back

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] now that adbard is gone :^( the ad problem is back
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 10:55:20 -0500

Hi Jaromil!

Jaromil <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, 13 Oct 2012, Jaromil wrote:
>> In my experience micro-funding never worked to raise more than a meager
>> 100 EU in a year. But then maybe I just didn't do it right... It seems
>> to work for mediagoblin with the help of the FSF
>> http://mediagoblin.org/pages/campaign.html fingers crossed!
>>
>> altough 60K $ sound like a lot for a single project,
>> but its already at 5k after short!
>
> is anyone from FSF still reading this list BTW? I've had little if none
> interaction on the ads issue, not even a mail to roundup on the adbard
> experience, we could learn from mistakes, contact Google on that or so?
> I even got some enterpreneur friends interested on the topic...

Yes, I read it, along with others here -- but if you want a direct reply
from us, always surest to write to us directly. :)

We wouldn't be the people to provide a roundup of the adbard issue,
though. We helped promote the project and advised them, but in the end
only they know what happened with the business.

I remain interested in a project like this though, and receptive to
proposals about it.

> now this fundraise is expired and the goal not reached, what happens to
> the money? is the investment canceled? can they work for less?

The money was still collected and will still be used for MediaGoblin.
The fundraiser was different from Kickstarter in that sense.

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://status.fsf.org/johns | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=8096>.