Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Ututo status

From: coadde
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Ututo status
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 00:06:16 -0300

On 06/14/2016 08:29 PM, Matias A. Fonzo wrote:
> El Tue, 14 Jun 2016 12:11:35 -0400
> Ineiev <address@hidden> escribió:
>> On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 12:45:14PM +0000, hellekin wrote:
>>>
>>> Last news I had was that after this, another team decided to take
>>> over. Maybe it didn't happen.  The #ututo channel on Freenode
>>> wasn't used in the last 3 months.
>>>
>>> Maybe leave it in the list, but mark it deprecated?
>>
>> If it is not maintained, it shouldn't be in the list; we can add it
>> again when it's active.
>
> The website is still alive.  Perhaps it would be better if the distro
> is on a secondary level, let's say in a separate table or in a separate
> entry from GNU site, the intention would be to add a brief note about
> the maintainer ship.  Thus, the site of GNU does not lose the historical
> record of free/libre distributions, perhaps attracting people interested
> in the future can take care of the distro.

+1 I think stable free distros should be added in a separated table and
we add a campaign to encourage users to help maintain and improve those
unmaintained free distros.

Even, we should check another free distros such as BLAG, Dyne:bolic and
Musix since seems there aren't activities in their web sites, mailing
lists, etc.

BTW, i suggest PureOS join forces with a free distro instead of create a
distro from scratch (eg. Musix is a Debian-based distro like them, then
it could be a good example to be considered) :)