Re: When Will GNU/Linux Be Ready for Joe User?

From: Circuit Breaker
Subject: Re: When Will GNU/Linux Be Ready for Joe User?
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:10:45 -0400

On Wed, 19 May 2004 09:28:04 -0400, Simon wrote:

> some_spare_id@yahoo.com (Simon) wrote:
>
>> I'm doing a survey.
>>
>> When do you think GNU/Linux will be ready for the average Joe?  What
>> obstacles must it overcome first?
>
> I ask a simple question... and get a bunch of insults in reply.
>
> Forget it.

WTH?  I count thirteen perfectly valid replies.  Only two replies to you
*original* post were even remotely insulting.  I don't get you.

I was going to label you a troll myself, seeing as to how many groups you
crossposted to, but the usual trolls here post only to
comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.windows-xp, and alt.os.linux...  Still,
you included microsoft.public.dotnet.general, which I see absolutely no
reason for its inclusion, and gnu.misc.discuss, which is probably the
best medium for this topic (although having never visited there, I
wouldn't know).

Someone else mentioned valid reasons why he considers you a troll.

If you're *not*, and I suspect you *are*, then kindly do some research on
posting and look in particular for files on "nettiquette", specifically
with regards to posting, crossposting, and asking "smart questions"
(admittedly, I myself fail these sometimes, and it would be fitting when
I do for people to call me on it).

Frankly, I'm done with this thread anyway.  Take care.